Rebecca Renee Olstead (born June 18, 1989) is an American actress and singer. Active since childhood as an actress, she appeared in the TV sitcom Still Standing as Lauren Miller, and several bit parts in various TV shows and movies. In addition, she has recorded five studio albums, primarily of jazz music.
Olstead was born in Kingwood, Texas, to Christopher Eric Olstead and Rebecca Lynn Jeffries. As a child actress, she made films and commercials from age eight onwards. She also attended Centre Stage theatrical school and is mentioned on their website's Alumni.
From 2002 to 2006, she appeared in the TV sitcom Still Standing as middle sister Lauren Miller. Olstead was presented the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy) - Supporting Young Actress for: "Still Standing" in 2002. She also had a small part in the 2004 film 13 Going on 30. She is now currently co-starring in the ABC Family series The Secret Life of the American Teenager, about fifteen year old Amy Juergen's struggle through her unexpected pregnancy and how it affects her peers. Olstead plays the character of Madison Copperstein, who is one of Amy's best friends.
In 2004, Olstead released an eponymous album of jazz songs and pop standards for Warner Bros. Records to good reviews: since her previous releases had limited distribution, this album was considered her true debut. She subsequently performed in Berlin during the Live 8 concert on July 2, 2005.
Olstead also recorded with trumpeter Chris Botti on his 2005 album To Love Again: The Duets and appears on the 2006 DVD Chris Botti Live with Orchestra and Special Guests. Her singing style is influenced by such great jazz vocalists as Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan. Reportedly, her musical talent was discovered by composer David Foster, who produced her 2004 album. She later also performed with Foster on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
A follow-up album entitled Skylark, also produced by Foster, was originally announced for release in 2005, but it was subsequently pushed back several times, with release dates in the summer of 2006 and early 2007 being mentioned on online retailers such as Amazon.com. It was slated for a June 2008 release, but was delayed again. It was finally released on January 27, 2009, nearly four years after it was originally announced.
* Stone Country (2000)
* Unleashed (2000)
* By Request (2002)
* Renee Olstead (2004)
* The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (soundtrack) (2004)
* Kit Kittredge: An American Girl (soundtrack) (2008)
* Skylark (2009)
* A Tribute to Billie Holliday (various artists) (2009)
* Deadly Family Secrets (TV movie) (1995) as Emily Pick
* Cadillac Ranch (1996) as Young Mary Katherine
* Santa, NASA & the Man in the Moon (1996) as Renee Olstead
* Ceftin Wiz Kids (TV movie) (1996) as Katie
* The Usher (1997) as Little Girl
* Out There (TV movie) (1997) as Megan Tollman
* End of Days (1999) as Amy
* The Insider (1999) as Deborah Wigand
* Space Cowboys (2000) as Little Girl
* Geppetto (2000)
* Scorched (2003) as Girl Scout
* 13 Going on 30 (2004) as Becky
* Super Sweet 16: The Movie (2007) as Sky Storm
* Streets of Laredo (mini-series) (1995) as Marci Fant
* Touched by an Angel (1998) in episode "Doodlebugs" as Bits
* Reunited (1998) as Ami
* Providence (1999) in episode "Home for the Holidays" as Little Girl
* Chicken Soup for the Soul (TV series) (1999) in episode "Where's My Kiss, Then?" as Lauren
* Still Standing (2002–2006) as Lauren Miller
* She Spies (2002) in episode "Poster Girl" as Amy Divornak
* My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star (2002) in episode "Fame" as Selma
* Fillmore! (2003) in episode "South of Friendship, North of Honor" as the voice of Lucille
* The Secret Life of the American Teenager (2008–2010) Madison, one of Amy's best friends.